GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies' solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Strategies is looking for a Process Systems Engineer who can provide engineering support to design, fabrication, construction, and assessment projects.
* Must have experience with process and pressure systems, ASME Codes, and API Standards.
* Ability to perform calculations and analyses for pressure systems and fluid flow problems will be required.
* Must have working experience with design software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, or Solid Works as well as basic Office tools such as Word, Excel, and MS Project.
* Must be able to prepare detailed reports, specifications, and transmittal letters.
* Must be a US citizen with a valid driver's license and capable of obtaining a DOD security clearance.
* Travel is a requirement. Normal work sites will range from central coast California (Santa Maria) to San Diego.Out of state travel will be necessary on an as-needed basis with stays of up to 4 weeks.
* Aerospace, fabrication, project management, and/or construction management experience are a plus.
Other responsibilities include:
* Ability to complete assignments with minimal or no supervision.
* Communicate and coordinate directly with client.
* Prepare and maintain project schedules.
* Work with vendors in the identification and specification of components.
* Accommodate flexible work hours / schedules.
* Perform field evaluations and system walk-downs.
* Work in industrial environments.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Website : http://www.medtronic.com/
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.