GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW STATEMENTS:
The per diem Research Assistant will support the Patient Centered Toolkit (PCTK) project that actively engages patients and families to improve patient safety. We will partner with patients, families and other stakeholders to evaluate the effects of the intervention on patients perceptions of communication and safety during their hospital stay. The incumbent will engage with inpatients and their families to educate and recruit them to use the PCTK and provide consent information, conduct inpatient and caregiver interviews, and administer patient, family and provider surveys.
Ability to provide coverage evenings from 4:00-8:00pm, occasional 10:00pm trainings and weekend days is required. This is a 16-40 hours per week position depending on incumbents availability. The weekly schedule will be determined by the PI and the Project Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FOR ALL POSITIONS THAT INCLUDE DIRECT PATIENT CARE, INDICATE WITH AN X THE AGE(S) OF ALL PATIENT POPULATIONS SERVED
No Direct Patient Care
All age groups
Adolescence (13 to 17 years)
Neonates (birth to 1 month)
Young Adult (18 to 25 years)
Infant (1 month to1year)
Adult (26 to 54 years)
Early Childhood (12 months to 5 years)
Senior Adult (55 to 64 years)
Late Childhood (6 to 12 years)
Geriatric (65 years and up)
* Involved with clinicians/staff and patient recruitment.
* Conduct engagement rounds and provide consent information to eligible inpatients and their families on Brigham and Womens acute and critical care units.
* Administer surveys and interviews to consented patients and caregivers.
* Administer provider surveys.
* Provide administrative/logistical support for provider focus groups.
* Perform data abstraction from a variety of sources, including patient medical records, hospital clinical information systems, and surveys.
* Provide1st line support for research queries from patients and stakeholders
* Photocopying, electronic mailing, sending mail, faxing, documenting project work, and other administrative duties as required.
* Bachelors Degree and an interest in healthcare and the use of technology to support clinical care.
* Data management skills and experience with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Familiarity with End Note preferred.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Outstanding interpersonal skills required for working with patients, hospital leadership, clinical staff and study staff.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect.
* Regard for patient privacy essential
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
* Capability to work independently, complete work, and meet deadlines with only general supervision.
* Competency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access preferred.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)