Research Technician - General Toxicology - Large Animal
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
A Research Technician is responsible for: administering substances to animals, performing
husbandry duties, including cleaning/transporting caging and providing food and water;
performing clinical observations of animals to determine morbidity/mortality; collecting and
handling data and specimens; euthanizing animals and assisting veterinarians, management,
and other company personnel with animal care, study-related tasks, and process improvement
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
• Performs animal husbandry duties.
• Provides information to veterinarians that is required to maintain the health and well-being of animals; may assist with treatments.
• Executes procedures on animals, may include: dosing, specimen collection, and euthanasia.
• Documents and reviews data that may be related to, but not limited to: clinical observations, dosing animals, and specimen collection, such as urine and feces.
• Contributes to process improvements and corporate initiatives; may assist with development of new techniques and conduct of pilot studies.
• Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
• HS/GED or Bachelor’s/Master’s with no relevant experience.• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
Benefits at a Glance:
• MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
• Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
• Two choices of dental coverage
• Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
• Paid time off bank and holidays
• Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
• Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee assistance program
• Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Website : http://www.mpiresearch.com
MPI Research provides preclinical services to agricultural, environmental, biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. MPI Research has conducted thousands of studies in both small and large molecules in a wide and diverse range of compound classes, through all routes of administration (excluding inhalation) and offers studies with numerous species and models. Our recent achievements warrant a closer look to see how we’ve expanded to integrate the full spectrum of services for new drug and device candidates. MPI Research also has a focus on efficacy testing and has a strong presence within the cellular and molecular biology fields, biomarkers, and gene therapy. With ample physical and technical capacity, we can accommodate multiple requirements simultaneously, adjust schedules readily, and produce results quickly.