85000.0 - $85000.0/Year
Fantastic opportunity for a Chemist with color cosmetic and complexion product experience.
We are looking for someone with several years of experience in developing cosmetics and personal care items.
• Review customer specifications and requirements; meet with customers to properly implement product profiles.
• Develop new formulations to customer and/or marketing specifications.
Color-matching of existing products
• Identify and interpret variations in product, equipment and procedures which may affect final results.
• Issue technical information & fill weights.
• Verify formulas before initial production run.
• Set up procedures for scale-up.
• Maintain working knowledge of all stages of finished goods production and all pertinent documentation.
• Work with Production Personnel, when required to determine adjustments, or corrections to batches.
• Code new raw materials and make decisions as to raw material substitutions.
• Maintain current knowledge of new raw materials and technology via meetings with suppliers & seminars.
• Train new Lab personnel when required.
• Recommend changes and improvements in laboratory equipment.
• Assist, mentor and guide Junior Lab personnel on formulation development and research of projects as needed.
• Carry out any additional assignments as directed by R&D Group Leader or R&D Director.
• Mastery of daily product development operations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science.
• 7 years of formulation experience in emulsion technology, preferably in color cosmetics.
Color compounding experience.
Formulation experience with cream foundations
Experience with lipsticks is preferred
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.