Candidate will be working independently and under supervision of the Principal Investigator and Director of the Mastocytosis Center. He/she will be responsible building and maintaining a database of patient with mastocytosis and mast cell activation syndrome. Responsibilities include collecting and organizing patient data in complex data base programs and working with statisticians to provide outcome data, maintaining and updating data generated by the study, creating and maintaining documentation for the BWH Mastocytosis Center. May also assists with other special projects as directed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages and maintains patient information in a secure database.
* Analyzes database information to answer investigator directed questions.
* Compiles patient outcome data.
* Interfaces with other members of the Mastocytosis center
* Performs other administrative duties and assists with special projects as directed.
B.S. or B.A.
One year of research-related experience in a hospital or research setting.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of clinical research protocols. Understanding and use of medical terminology helpful.
* Self-motivation and the ability to identify potential problems and trouble-shoot problems as necessary.
* High degree of computer literacy, excellent organizational and administrative skills.
* Good judgment, time management, and use of logic are essential.
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)