University of Massachusetts-Lowell
General Summary of Position:
Reporting directly to the Director of Prospect Research, the Senior Research Analyst will support the efforts of major gift officers, leadership gift officers, and other Advancement staff through the identification, analysis, and research of potential prospects to support University Advancement fundraising goals. Additionally, the Senior Research Analyst will support the coding of Advancement database as related to ratings and moves management; and contribute to specific projects related to research as needed for the completion of the Advancement Offices core goals.
1. In consultation with the Director of Prospect Research, conduct research on individual, corporate, and foundation prospects at major gift and leadership gift levels through the use of on-line databases, print-based reference tools, and in-house records.
2. Interpret, evaluate and synthesize biographical and financial information for the establishment of gift capacity ratings and production of in-depth full profiles and snapshot event biographies and briefings.
3. Perform proactive research to ensure a steady flow of prospective major donors for assignment to qualify or cultivate.
4. Perform reactive research to serve the appointment-driven needs of Advancement field staff. Provide accurate, capacity driven, high-level prospect research to serve the needs of University Executive Management, including faculty, department heads, Deans, the Chancellor, and the UMass System President as needed.
5. Contribute to database management through the input of evaluative codes, the identification of record markers to strategically classify prospect groups for evaluation and targeted initiative-specific approaches.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
A Bachelors degree and 1-3 years of research experience or familiarity with online resource-based data analysis, particularly biographical and financial searches
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet search engines and network-based electronic environments
Ability to learn online prospect research databases and fundraising software
Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
Must have the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Preferably in an academic environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
University of Massachusetts-Lowell
Website : http://www.uml.edu
UMass Lowell is a public university committed to preparing our students for work in the real world— solving real problems and helping real people— by providing an affordable high-quality education. Whether you’re pursuing a career path or still searching for one, UMass Lowell is the ideal place to discover and achieve your purpose. Our campus is bursting with energy— enrollment is up, new academic programs are being launched, and new facilities are being acquired and are under construction. Most importantly, our students are more successful than ever thanks to highly accredited programs, our focus on experiential “hands-on” learning, and personal attention from our accomplished and committed faculty and staff.