Blood Research Institute/BloodCenter of Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Vice President of Clinical Trials and Cellular Therapy Services, and in close partnership with the Diagnostic Labs’ Directors, Product Development and Versiti Clinical Labs, this role identifies, negotiates, secures, and manages business opportunities within the Versiti Laboratories with Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Medical Device companies, related to 510(K) clinical trials and provision of biomaterials for research and manufacturing purposes. This position also includes active participation in business development strategy for long term growth.
• Actively markets, identifies, negotiates, and successfully closes business development opportunities, related to 510(K) clinical trials and provision of biomaterials for research and manufacturing purposes.
• Leads the financial analysis of new opportunities and ensures activities are conducted within established budget.
• Represents Versiti through at relevant conferences and meetings.
• Continuously monitors customer needs, market, and competition.
• Recommends and implements policies, processes, procedures and programs for growth of 510(K) clinical trial services and provision of biomaterials for research and manufacturing purposes.
• Pivotal contributor in the development and execution of the strategy for Clinical Trials and Cellular Therapy Services segment internal and external to the organization.
• Evaluates needs, then plans, facilitates, delegates and/or performs project tasks in compliance with internal policies and external regulations, while ensuring project completion within designated timeframes; as issues/problems arise, takes appropriate action to resolve.
• Develops and prepares reports that captures status of ongoing business opportunities and provides data to aid in the planning and growth of sales.
• Develops and tracks a dash board of lead indicators related to project milestones, and provides progress reports as needed.
• Ensures sound customer service and working relationships with key staff of internal and external customers and vendors.
• Works with the Versiti Marketing team to develop appropriate collateral material, advertising campaigns, and presentations.
• Establishes an effective, collaborative relationship with the laboratory management, scientists and physicians throughout the organization, as well as external partners and collaborators.
Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance
• Ensures that all contracts and customer expectations meet applicable regulatory requirements.
• Ensures that appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) approval is obtained as necessary.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Culture
• Participates in implementation of CI/Lean/Six Sigma methodology applicable to business processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or life sciences required
• Master’s degree in business administration, life sciences or CRA (Clinical Research Associate) preferred
• A minimum of five years of experience in sales or business development with a proven track record of delivering results
• Experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical or contract research
• Experience in the areas of transfusion medicine, immunology or hematology is preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Understanding of basic biology, molecular biology, immunology and hematology
• Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities in a regulated environment
• Highly goal-oriented: self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude, authenticity and perseverance necessary for success in a business development career including prospecting, making “cold” calls, selling high-end products/services, and discerning and overcoming objections
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to establish credibility and develop professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the scientific, clinical and business community
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to implement business decisions
• Strong project management skills: needs assessment; planning; facilitation; problem solving; tracking; and delegation and/or performance of project tasks to ensure project completion within designated timeframes
• Computer skills including word processing, electronic spreadsheets, and other database software programs
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
First Comes the Lab, Then Comes...?
Two postdocs and a PhD hosted a panel discussion at Memorial Sloan Kettering on career advancement in science and what researchers can expect when they leave the lab.
Fewer Chances to Speak
An analysis of speakers at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting finds that women are less likely to be invited to talk, according to the
Talk It Up on Twitter
An analysis appearing in
finds that social media mentions of a paper may lead to increased citations.
Research Support Numbers
NIH's Michael Lauer looks at the number of grants, their amount, and funding success rates at the agency for last year.
Blood Research Institute/BloodCenter of Wisconsin