Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Columbia Wanger Asset Management has specialized in small- and mid-cap equity investing since the inception of the Columbia Acorn fund in 1970. Our 19-person investment team averages 15 years of industry experience and nine years with the firm. We leverage our time-tested approach to uncover high quality, small and mid-cap businesses that possess compelling growth characteristics while trading at reasonable valuations. We take a fundamental approach, conduct in-depth due diligence and use a variety of quantitative frameworks to value stocks. In our mission to create value for shareholders, by far, our greatest assets are our people.
Columbia Wanger Asset Management, LLC manages U.S. and international equity portfolios and is a subsidiary of Columbia Management Investment Advisers, LLC with a fully resourced and autonomous investment team and research effort.
Joining the Columbia Wanger Investment Team: Working at Columbia Wanger affords the benefits of a smaller, entrepreneurial business and the capabilities of a large, global organization. We look for talented, energetic and enthusiastic investors who will thrive in our inclusive, collaborate culture. At Columbia Wanger, we provide opportunities to advance your career, make a difference in your community, and reap the rewards of both.
Required Qualifications :
Under the mentorship of our team, the Equity Research Summer Intern will gain valuable investment management industry experience at a firm with a rich history, strong legacy and inclusive culture. Potential responsibilities include:
• Financial statement analysis and modeling.
• Gather and synthesize data from multiple sources including company management, suppliers, customers and competitors as well as vendors such as Bloomberg and Factset.
• Industry analysis, market sizing and competitive positioning. Assess the company’s ability to grow.
• Employ various valuation techniques.
• Present findings.
• Current first year MBA, MA or MS candidate enrolled in an accounting, finance, engineering, economics or applied mathematics program.
• Demonstrated passion for investing.
• High level of intellectual curiosity and aptitude for solving complex problems.
• Exceptional quantitative, writing and presentation skills.
• An ability to work independently as well as be a strong team player.
• Strong academic track record, SAT and GPA.
• High degree of maturity and professionalism.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Personal investment experience.
• Prior experience with financial analysis.
Apply for this job at https://ameriprise.contacthr.com/60456072
View More Ameriprise Jobs
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : https://www.ameriprise.com
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.