HCA Management Services, LP
Nashville, TN, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Research
*Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
About HCA Healthcare*
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The On-site Research Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the VP of the National Center for Surgical Research (NCSR) and the NCSR staff in managing and conducting research studies and clinical trials per Federal, State and Institutional guidelines. The Coordinator is responsible for management of all NCSR activities related to conducting its diverse research mission across the enterprise and in particular with HCA Trauma Centers. This position requires an understanding of healthcare-based research including trauma surgery, surgical critical care, acute care surgery, burn, emergency care, injury prevention, and health policy and the ability to work with data.
Essential Job functions include:*
• Coordinate NCSR center operations activities
• Coordinate trauma system research activities across 90 HCA trauma centers
• Author educational, clinical, technical and human subjects documents
• Manage compliance and educational activities
• Manage data security protocols
• Maintain and reconcile NCSR budget
• Audit NCSR activities for compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations.
The On-site Research Coordinator supports, facilitates and manages the daily NCSR activities and plays a critical role in the coordination of the research enterprise. By performing these duties, the On-site Research Coordinator works with key stakeholders to manage the compliance, finance, personnel and other related organizational aspects of the NCSR on a day-today-basis.
• Lead position for on-site coordination and support of the NCSR in attaining its goals to ensure successful conduct of research studies consistent with applicable regulations, guidelines, and policies.
• Coordinate on-site activities related to research sites and research management (e.g. assist with the preparation of documents, distribution, receipt, and review of documents as well as archiving).
• Organize logistical activities of the NCSR personnel including the coordination of schedules, meetings, conferences, training, and travel arrangements
• Oversees preparation of, and revisions, to the Clinical Investigation Plan for clinical studies.
• Interface with, and assure training of investigators, site staff, and clinical staff.
• Oversee preparation of, and revisions to, NCSR documents related to committee meetings, research studies and operational activities.
• Oversee preparation of study materials and/or training (e.g., training of investigators, site staff and field staff).
• Coordinate site initiation activities (e.g. oversight of start-up document preparation, distribution, receipt, and review).
• Set-up and maintain accurate overall NCSR study status and research records.
• Interface with representatives from key functional groups (Research, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, etc.).
• Identify and mitigate quality risks and issues for NCSR studies.
• Coordinate PR and enrollment activities at NCSR sites by managing enrollment meetings and deliverables with various teams.
• Audit study enrolled subjects for meeting trial inclusion/exclusion.
• Audit the screening process of patients for eligibility on NCSR clinical trials in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards and IRB regulations.
• Audit research subject informed consent (if not waived by the IRB) and entry into appropriate research studies ensuring that all inclusion and exclusion criteria are met.
• Compile reports of adverse events (AEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs) in a timely manner and manages compilation and review of all adverse event information from all centers.
• Assure regulatory compliance including assisting with preparing IRB materials for initial approval of studies, approval of protocol amendments, completing IRB continuing review and final closure reports.
• Arrange and conduct conference calls, staff meetings and training events.
• Coordinate field staff activities with clinical site needs.
• Ensure follow-up and resolution of site issues noted by field staff.
• Audit study closure activities (e.g. closeout document preparation, distribution, receipt and review, audit and archive) to assure regulatory and institutional compliance.
• Actively participate in data management with review of clinical data/information and oversight of data correction.
• Prepare reports and presentations required for NCSR activities.
• Contribute to ongoing SOP development and review. Participates in training to enhance knowledge base.
• Fill in for Field Research Coordinators as needed based on NCSR activities and requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, health sciences, management or related field. Other undergraduate degrees may be considered with significant relevant related work experience. Additional experience can be substituted for education. 3 plus years related experience.
• RN license, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist strongly preferred.
• Must be detail orientated with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Highly skilled and experienced candidates who meet a majority of position requirements can obtain program specific training on the job.
• Travel involved: approximately 5-10%, but may vary based on Center needs.
This job is located at our corporate office in Nashville, TN
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Onsite Research Coordinator
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10201-29581
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com