Research Director, Infrastructure and Operations, Flexible NA location, Gartner Research and Advisory','00019116','!*!What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
• You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
• You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
• You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research technology, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
• Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
• Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
• Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
• Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
• Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
• Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
• Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
The IT Infrastructure team is responsible for leading a global team of high-performing analysts whose research and insights guide global organizations in their IT Infrastructure and Operations strategy.
This role requires a strong background in Cloud Computing, IT Infrastructure and Operations industry best practices and keeping abreast of changes in industry.
• Delivers highly relevant, quality, thought leading, actionable research output targeted at constituency roles.
• Delight clients in all types of client interactions including developing presentation skills and maximizing POCs and inquiry value and impact.
• Optimize resource management to maximize NCVI, Retention, and Gartner’s financial performance.
• Self-driven and self-motivated. Able to provide high quality documents and presentations to ensure quality and recommendations to clients.
• Supporting the sales organization according to POC process.
• Support business development initiatives in collaboration with GTP sales specialists, AEs, RES, GTP product development, RSO, ITL & TSP leads. Maintain and grow relationships with senior client executives.
','!*!Qualifications and Job Requirements
• Leadership: demonstrated ability to inspire a team to achieve great things.
• Execution: demonstrated ability to take concrete actions to execute as well as inspire.
• Domain expertise: Demonstrated and recognized expertise in areas relating to IT Infrastructure and Operations, especially as it pertains to Cloud Computing, on-prem data centers, systems management software and interrelated technologies and trends.
• 10 plus years’ experience working within technology field with Gartner or relevant management experience
• Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience
• Polished skills in communication, leadership, planning, motivation, coaching and cross team collaboration
• Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
• Demonstrates high level of influence, negotiation & facilitation skills
• Collaboration and consensus building skills with a large diverse group of clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
','United States-CT-Stamford','United States','56 Top Gallant Road','P.O. Box 10212','Stamford','06904-2212','Research','130 Tech Professionals Research - 1792','Regular','Full-time','Mar 12, 2018','Research Director, Infrastructure and Operations, Flexible NA location, Gartner Research and Advisory
Gartner is the world's leading information technology, supply chain and marketing research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day.