The Yoh Company
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK”
needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific’s
pharmaceutical client located in NJ.
The candidate will work with the translational development team and independently contribute to the development and execution of laboratory experiments to understand the activity of compounds and drug combinations. This will include working with multiple myeloma cell lines and immune cells derived from healthy donors and multiple myeloma patients. The candidate should have enthusiasm for helping support clinical programs, have knowledge of immuno-oncology and signal transduction pathways and technical expertise in flow cytometry and molecular based assays documented by relevant publications and work experience. They should also possesses a strong understanding of the science behind ongoing experiments: the rationale, purpose and appropriate analytical methods to aid experimental design, troubleshooting and result interpretation.
The candidate will provide laboratory support by means of data generation and analysis for clinical trial biomarker strategies, publications and internal study reports. Responsibilities will include:
• Performing in vitro and ex vivo testing of compounds on immune cells and tumor cells to evaluate mechanisms of drug response and resistance, to identify pharmacodynamic markers and to develop rational drug combination strategies
• Performing in vitro co-culture assays with immune cells and tumor cells to assess drug effects by flow cytometry
• Performing molecular and cell biological techniques including, flow cytometry analysis, RNA preparation qRT-PCR analysis, western blot, and proliferation assays
• Participating in translational team meetings by presenting data and providing interpretation of experimental results
• Keeping up-to-date on current techniques, new technologies and trends within their field of work
• Helping to cultivate a positive and productive working relationships with colleagues
• A Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences with at least 6 years of research experience or 3 years of research experience and a Master’s degree. No PhD candidates.
• Experience with tissue culture, primary cell culture, co-cultures and working with PBMCs.
• Flow cytometry experience.
• Proficient with general skills of molecular cell biology, such as RNA isolation, RT-PCR, Western Blotting, Luminex, and basic cellular assays (e.g.
• Experience with PowerPoint, FlowJo and GraphPad Prism software
• Communication and writing skills necessary to effectively convey data and interpretations with internal groups and at external meetings.
• Problem solving skills to resolve technical issues.
• Ability to manage time efficiently to meet project team deadlines and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to changing projects, work assignments and priorities.
• Solid understanding of scientific mechanisms and experimental techniques, with knowledge of signal transduction, immunology, cancer cell biology, drug discovery and translational medicine a plus.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Cathy Willis
The Yoh Company
What is in it for You?
We welcome you to be a part of the largest and legendary global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
• 401K Retirement Saving Plan
• Life & Disability Insurance
• Direct Deposit & weekly e-payroll
• Employee Discount Program’s
• Referral Bonus Programs
other people applied to this job.