The MITRE Corporation
Bedford, MA 01730
MITRE is currently seeking an entry level Operations Research Analyst, Statistician, or Data Scientist to join our Operations Research department in Bedford, MA. In this position you will have the opportunity to work independently, or as a member of a technical team, interacting with high level sponsors. Apply advanced analytical and mathematical techniques to make difficult policy and acquisition decisions, to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency, and achieve highest quality engineering solutions.
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about applying operations research, statistics, and data analytics to real world problems.
• Support the development and application of a variety of analytical models to sponsor challenges, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
• Present results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood by all sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise.
• At least 1 years experience using the principles, concepts, methods and tools for conducting operations research, statistical analysis, or data analytic studies
• Have experience in using tools and technique to do mathematical modeling, optimization, statistics, probability modeling, and simulation
• Demonstrated ability to use at least one modern programming language, simulation, optimization, or business intelligence platform (e.g., SAS, R, MATLAB, Python, Java, CPLEX, iThink)
• Ability to obtain a security clearance from the US Government.
• Three or more years experience working with/for agencies and/or departments of the US Government (e.g., FAA, DoD, DoE, DHS, Treasury, IRS); or
• One or more years relevant professional experience with a technical MS degree or PhD.
• Current Secret security clearance or suitability.
The MITRE Corporation
Website : http://www.mitre.org
MITRE is a not-for-profit organization that operates research and development centers sponsored by the federal government. We operate FFRDCs—federally funded research and development centers—which are unique organizations that assist the United States government with: Scientific research and analysis Development and acquisition Systems engineering and integration We also have an independent research program that explores new and expanded uses of technologies to solve our sponsors' problems. MITRE's Sole Focus Is to Operate FFRDCs MITRE is chartered to work in the public interest. We have no commercial interests. We have no owners or shareholders, and we can't compete for anything except the right to operate FFRDCs. This lack of commercial conflicts of interest forms the basis for our objectivity. We also have the ability to acquire sensitive and proprietary information from the government and industry to inform our work. These organizations are able and willing to share data because they know we won't use it for a competitive advantage. Moreover, because we operate multiple FFRDCs, we foster a culture of knowledge sharing. We apply what we learn from addressing one sponsor's challenges to similar issues faced by other federal agencies. This means when sponsors engage with us, they have access to all the minds of MITRE. (Video) MITRE, a strategic partner working with industry and academia to apply science, technology, and systems engineering, enables the government and the private sector to make better decisions.