Iowa State University - Dept of Chemical and Biological Eng.
We seek a post-doctoral research associate to perform computational research on polydisperse liquid-liquid systems with OpenFOAM® to study the formation and separation of liquid-liquid emulsions. The project is funded by a major energy company.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have completed a Ph.D. in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related topic.
2. Have significant expertise in multiphase computational fluid dynamics, with Euler-Euler models and population balance models.
3. Have an excellent knowledge of OpenFOAM®, and of how to implement models into OpenFOAM®. This is a strict requirement, and evidence of this knowledge will be requested during the interview process to selec candidates. Applications of candidates without OpenFOAM experience will not be considered.
4. Have excellent communication skills and capacity of working with diverse teams.
5. Be expected to travel between Iowa State University and the company headquarter in the United States to discuss the result of the project.
The desired starting date for the project is before the end of 2017. The selected candidate, if from outside the United States, will be supported in the application for a work visa in the United States.
Contact points: Prof. Rodney O. Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org), Alberto Passalacqua (email@example.com)