Essential Job Duties
Regular duties will include:
1. Assist with plot layout and instrumentation
2. Assist with collecting tree measurements
3. Assist with sample collection (soil and vegetation) and sample processing
4. Assisting with laboratory analysis after completing safety training
5. Assisting with sorting roots in soil samples, drying and weighing vegetation samples
6. Assisting with grinding soil and vegetation samples
7. Assisting with organizing and archiving samples after laboratory analysis is completed
Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate training in the field of biology, natural resources, or forestry.
Departmental Required Skills
Interest in field research, comfortable working outside in field environment as well as in laboratory environment, flexible schedule.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Required License or Certification
Job Open Date
Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?
Proposed Hire Date