Discovery Communications, Inc
New York City, NY, United States
Nov 23, 2021
Mar 08, 2022
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company\u2019s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. This team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the corporate research team that supports Discovery Inc.\u2019s brands, and sales team, across all platforms including television, digital devices and social media. The Research Analyst is responsible for learning and leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data-driven intelligence in support of Discovery\u2019s leading brands including Discovery, HGTV, Food TLC and ID.
With direction from their manager, they will provide research data and insights including audience profiles and trends, competitor, market and industry intelligence. Day-to-day responsibilities will be focused on utilizing varied data systems and translating that information into digestible information in excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides, so a high level of comfort with numbers and different computer systems is necessary.
Partner with brand teams to produce actionable insights, compelling stories, and persuasive network positioning
Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant network reports, analyses and presentations
Assure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely
Update and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
Collaborate with brand research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights
* Familiarity with some media research tools and audience measurements/metrics. Examples of relevant systems include Nielsen, Star, Lake5, MRI, Simmons, comScore, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Google Workplace (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Gmail)
* 1-2 years relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent
* Bachelor\u2019s degree in a related field
* Strong Interest in TV, media, advertising and/ or entertainment industries
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent organizational skills
* Analytical thinker
* Eager to learn from and partner with colleagues on diverse projects
* Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc
Website : http://corporate.discovery.com