Commensurate with experience
Syracuse, NY, United States
Project Management, Research, Education
The Research Project Manager will be charged with assisting the Director and Managing Director of the Maxwell X Lab in a variety of functions, including project development. The Maxwell X Lab conducts randomized controlled trials for potential partners, including governments, nonprofits, and SU faculty. For X Lab-generated projects, the Research Project Manager will assist the Director and Managing Director with their tasks and provide a continuum of support.
• Graduate training (MA/MS/
/PhD) or BA/BS plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Experience with
or similar package.
• Experience with project development, scoping, implementation, and execution of field experiments, particularly those involving behavioral science.
• Extensive knowledge of behavioral science research related to public administration.
• Experience and comfort constructing and analyzing large data sets.
• Motivated self-starter with willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and time management skills are essential.
• Strong English writing skills are expected.
• Generate and build relationships with potential partners.
• Work with X Lab leadership to understand the problems the partner is facing, then work to define a tangible project and how the Maxwell X Lab could add value.
• Conduct workshops, meetings, etc. to market Maxwell X Lab.
• Work with X Lab leadership and our partners to design an intervention and experiment that is both feasible and promising – i.e., ensure the project output will directly inform policy decision-making and publishable academic research.
• Design and conduct field
experiments based on parameters agreed upon with partners in consultation with X Lab leadership.
• Assist with developing opportunities to leverage lessons and work from existing and completed projects. This could result in testing new iterations, applying project insights to a similar department or area, and/or planning how to expand or fully operationalize an intervention. Write up reports for clients providing results.
• Meet regularly with Maxwell X Lab director, managing director, staff, and
faculty and students.
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter for consideration.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private research university of extraordinary academics, distinctive offerings and an undeniable spirit. With a gorgeous campus in the heart of New York State, a global footprint and a history that dates to 1870, we embrace diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
Our student population includes nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students, representing all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. Our proud commitment to veterans and their families is unrivaled in higher education. Home to 11 schools and colleges, Syracuse University blends the foundational power of the liberal arts with the intense focus of professional programs. We offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Education, Engineering and Computer Science, Sport and Human Dynamics, Information Studies, Law, Management, Citizenship and Public Affairs, Public Communications, and Visual and Performing Arts.
A medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of the state, Syracuse, N.Y., is approximately a four-hour drive from New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto and Montreal. With a metropolitan population of 700,000, Syracuse is a center for cultural, recreational and artistic events, including the Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse Stage, Symphoria, Destiny Mall, multiple sporting events, and festivals including Jazz Fest and Winterfest. The outdoor enthusiast will enjoy having the Adirondack Mountains, the Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, and the Thousands Islands Region within easy driving distance of the Syracuse campus.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members.
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
Job Posting Date
Full Consideration By
Message to Applicants
Website : http://www.syr.edu/
From its founding in 1870, Syracuse University has a proud tradition of providing an environment in which students from diverse backgrounds come together to create, grow, and break boundaries.When Syracuse went Orange in 1890, it became the first university to adopt only one official color. And while this may be an early example of our individuality, it's by no means the only one. From starting the nation's first degree-granting college of fine arts to throwing open its doors to veterans to blazing a trail with the first iSchool, Syracuse University has always been a proud original.