General Mills, Inc.
Food. Purpose. You.As one of the world\u2019s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabilities
This is a Prescale Technician role within the ITQ Shared Services - One Pilot Plant organization at our JFB Technical Center in Golden Valley. This role presents an exciting and challenging opportunity to gain new or leverage existing food processing skills in direct support of multiple R&D platforms. The work performed supports new and existing product and process development, as well as consumer testing. A successful candidate may be asked with advanced notice, to fulfill other tasks and duties as need across our One Pilot Plant organization. Additionally, you may be required to work overtime, before or after your shift, as well as weekends to meet customer demand. The standard work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 10:00-18:00 (Summer Hours are announced annually once approved)
- Lead with Safety, helping to foster and maintain a culture that values Employee & Consumer Safety - Maintain personal safety and ensure a safe environment for those around you - Follow GMPs and all other food safety practices and procedures, including the completion of required documentation - Perform ongoing sanitation throughout your shift in order to maintain a clean work environment and promote consumer safety
- Safely assemble, operate, disassemble and clean equipment - Accurately and efficiently execute customer Prescale Requests
- Support order assembly for Pilot Plant runs
- Provide outstanding internal and external customer service - Proactively initiate equipment and system repairs, working with the One Pilot Plant Maintenance Team, Facilities, IS and GBS to ensure proper function is maintained - Provide technical expertise, insights and training as skills and knowledge are developed - Learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools as a routine part of your work, in order to reduce waste and improve operational efficiency, reliability and safety - Participate/complete all required training
- High School Dipolma; Associates's Degree Prefered
-Previous food manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- Must be capable of performing well with limited supervision, both individually, as well as in a Team environment - Flexibility and adaptability - Able to lift and manipulate 55 lbs safely and frequently over an 8 hour period - Able to demonstrate computer based system skills - Attention to detail/accuracy - Customer Service Excellence - Strong problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills - Previous CI experience is strongly preferred, including use of 5S, experience creating OPLs, etc... - Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ability to perform well in a mechanical and technical environment - Previous forklift and/or powered pallet jack experience is preferred, ability to gain certification in role is required
General Mills, Inc.
Website : http://www.generalmills.com
By the 1960s, we were marketing children's products such as Play-Doh, Easy Bake Ovens, Spirograph, Monopoly and Nerf balls. In between, we associated with such memorable characters as Betty Crocker, Rocky & Bullwinkle, the Lone Ranger and the Pillsbury Doughboy.