Bank of America Corporation
The equity technical research position is an exciting opportunity to produce and market technical research to BofAML financial advisors, BofAML sales and trading, as well as to institutional accounts, such as hedge funds and long only asset managers.
The candidate will work alongside their Senior Analyst and Junior Analyst peers in all aspects, from idea generation to presenting technical research themes and views. This includes but not limited to the following:
· Perform technical analysis using charts and pattern recognition along with quantitative screens.
· Work with Senior Analyst to develop key technical analysis themes across macro, sector, and individual equities.
· Write regular market and equity technical analysis reports.
· Produce collaborative reports across asset classes and with fundamental analysts.
· Develop and maintain databases and indicators integral to our research product.
· Closely monitor and interpret market indicators and relay to Senior Analyst.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge and awareness of technical trends for global markets down to individual equities.
· Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts across the BofAML platform.
· Participate and contribute to client meetings and events.
· Attend meetings and interact with key opinion leaders.
· Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
· Leverage our robust network of industry contacts.
· Interact regularly with clients.
The candidate MUST be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment.
Bachelor’s Degree is required
Must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
2-3 years of experience in Technical Analysis
Experience utilizing Bloomberg and Factset
Strong writing and spreadsheet skills.
Must be an expert at MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Entrepreneurial, proactive, willing to take ownership of technical analysis content.
Ability to communicate effectively with teammates on collaborative projects as well as with internal and external clients.
Core technical skills for role include trend and relative strength analysis for equities (both US and globally) as well as constructing and/or analyzing indicators for market breadth, volu
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
- United States
Full / Part-time
: Full time
Hours Per Week
: 1st shift
Bank of America Corporation
Website : http://www.bankofamerica.com
Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The companys Consumer & Business Banking segment offers traditional and money market savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, checking accounts, and investment accounts and products, as well as credit and debit cards; and lending related products and services, working capital management, and treasury solutions. This segment provides its products and services through operating 5,100 banking centers, 16,300 ATMs, call centers, and online and mobile banking platforms. Its Consumer Real Estate Services segment offers consumer real estate products comprising fixed and adjustable-rate first-lien mortgage loans for home purchase and refinancing needs, home equity lines of credit, and home equity loans. The companys Global Wealth & Investment Management segment provides investment and brokerage, estate and financial planning, fiduciary portfolio management, cash and liability management, and specialty asset management services; and retirement and benefit plan, philanthropic management, and asset management services. Its Global Banking segment provides various commercial loans, leases, commitment facilities, trade finance, real estate and asset-based loans, and consumer loans; treasury management, foreign exchange, and short-term investing options; and debt and equity underwriting and distribution, and merger-related and other advisory services. The companys Global Markets segment offers sales and trading services for securities and derivative products in primary and secondary markets; market-making, financing, securities clearing, settlement, and custody services to institutional investor clients; and risk management products. The company was founded in 1874 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.