Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator (RN) - Lung Ctr. (Oncology)
Job ID: ******
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC CancerCenter
Department: CRS Administration HF
Location: 5115 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15232
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center is currently hiring a regular full-time Clinical Research Coordinator (RN) to help support the Clinical Research Services team located within the Hillman Cancer Center in Shadyside/Pittsburgh, PA.
This role will support the Lung Center Oncology Disease Center program study and will work Monday through Friday daylight hours.
Interested in learning more about the Clinical Research Nursing field from those who already love working there; please check out our Research Nursing Blog!
The clinical research coordinator will work with physicians, nurses, other allied health professionals, and research staff to coordinate clinical research efforts provided at UPMC.
* Actively participates in the departments quality improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management. Takes personal responsibility in improving patient satisfaction with the quality of care and service provided.
* Demonstrates leadership in ensuring patient comprehension and safety during initial and ongoing informed consent discussions. Demonstrates leadership in ensuring adherence to ethical practices during the conduct of research in order to protect the rights and well-being of patients and the collection of quality data. Utilizes multiple communication methods to facilitate the effective conduct of research. Supports the development of new staff and colleagues, may serve as a preceptor.
* Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and colleagues. Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences and holds peers accountable for healthy relationships. Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyle. Communicates with peers and management any safety hazards identified in the workplace. AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCY: The individual must be able to identify the patients particular needs regarding age, education level, literacy and the presence of any language barriers so that all clinical research related instructions can be adapted to the patients needs. This is particularly important regarding the informed consent process. Must also be aware of the various institutional resources to facilitate this process. Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
* Identifies the financial variables that affect research. Uses a variety of resources and strategies to manage the care of patients participating in research, ensuring compliance with protocol procedures, assessments, and reporting requirements as well as management of symptoms. Utilizes a variety of strategies to enhance recruitment while being mindful of the needs of diverse patient populations. Facilitates compliance with the requirements of the research protocol and good clinical research practice while remaining cognizant of the needs of the diverse patient population. Provides leadership to the research team in ensuring collection of source data and completion of documentation that validated the integrity of the research.
* Takes responsibilities for identifying his or her ongoing professional development needs and seeks resources and opportunities to meet those needs, such as through membership in nursing or research organizations. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the research study. Supports the development of others. Creates an open environment of open dialogue, inquiry and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
* Minimum 2 years nursing experience.
* Oncology experience preferred
* Research experience preferred
* BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse license or eligible for State Board Licensure.
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
* Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Salary Range: $24.27 to $41.99
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?